Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What to Make, What to make...

I cannot decide what to make. Not that I don't have things I am making now, know...something I want to take with me to Fl to work on while I am at home.

I have gotten this yarn - it is Blue Heron Mercerized Cotton, Lace weight, about 1000 yds.

Which of the following projects from Victorian Lace Today should I make?

Should I make the Handsome Triangle? This is really simple, and takes the right amount of yarn, but it calls for a heavier yarn than the Blue Heron, which might mean the finished shawl would be a little small. I'd also want to add a different border, because all those fiddly crochet loop-bind-offs would drive me nuts.

Or should I make the Cherry Leaf shawl? Same concerns about yarn weight as above.

Or, the Myrtle leaf shawl? This I think is gorgeous, but it's rectangular, and would it look good in my garnet yarn? This does call for the right weight of yarn.

Does anyone have an opinion?


Blogger Arellanova said...

The second one on the woman standing by the door. Yes. Indeed.

May 10, 2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

I like the third one. I think it would look gorgeous in that red yarn you pictured above.

May 10, 2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger Ceci said...

I like the third one, especially in red

May 11, 2007 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home