Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What to Make, What to make...

I cannot decide what to make. Not that I don't have things I am making now, but...you know...something I want to take with me to Fl to work on while I am at home.

I have gotten this yarn - it is Blue Heron Mercerized Cotton, Lace weight, about 1000 yds.









Which of the following projects from Victorian Lace Today should I make?

Should I make the Handsome Triangle? This is really simple, and takes the right amount of yarn, but it calls for a heavier yarn than the Blue Heron, which might mean the finished shawl would be a little small. I'd also want to add a different border, because all those fiddly crochet loop-bind-offs would drive me nuts.


Or should I make the Cherry Leaf shawl? Same concerns about yarn weight as above.

Or, the Myrtle leaf shawl? This I think is gorgeous, but it's rectangular, and would it look good in my garnet yarn? This does call for the right weight of yarn.

Does anyone have an opinion?

3 Comments:

Blogger Bushido Lutheran said...

The second one on the woman standing by the door. Yes. Indeed.

May 10, 2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

I like the third one. I think it would look gorgeous in that red yarn you pictured above.

May 10, 2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger raine1882 said...

I like the third one, especially in red

May 11, 2007 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home