Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Haunted by Fiber

You think I'm kidding.

I couldn't sleep last night because I kept dreaming of Bouton D'or Ksar - a yarn I had seen yesterday at my not-so-LYS. It was a clearance yarn, and I knew I had remarked the name in my head for some reason but couldn't remember why. Not having a particular lust for aran-weight yarns (I go for laceweight everytime), I resisted and left. After coming home, I looked it up and saw it was a camel fiber blend, which I wanted to try. And then it haunted me.

I had bought some Koigu in a rich orange-red color. Previously, I'd had a skein of KPPPM in similar shades, but I'd meant to trade it away after I'd found better matching skeins for my Charlotte's Web shawl. It was a shame I didn't still have it because it matched what I'd gotten so well. This morning I dug out the trade-yarn bag, and discovered I did still have it! And then I remembered that the not-so-LYS had had a couple more skeins in the same color yesterday.

I lasted half an hour until I jumped in car and went right back to the not-so-LYS.


I may be poorer, but I have five skeins of red-orange Koigu, and some really soft camel yarn to boot. Poor, but very satisfied.

2 Comments:

Blogger KarenK said...

Ooh, that color looks as though it will bring warmth into your life. It's gorgeous!

May 11, 2008 9:31 PM  
Blogger Bushido Lutheran said...

Well, as it is, if the dollar looses value you can make very expensive carpets for people....they will pay you in hybrid SUV's

June 17, 2008 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home